Monday, October 8, 2007

Atkins

By Stephanie Boyle



I tried the Atkins diet when it was at the height of its popularity a few years back. In recent years I have noticed a decrease in popularity of this program. I wonder if it's because the amount of people who planned to stay on it but maybe realized along the way it would be difficult to commit to the rest of their lives. I myself wanted to go ahead and try it, I didn't see how it was good for you, but went ahead anyways.



I tried the program and I ate the Atkins bars, and all of the Atkins products and truly I did lose weight but the same type of thing happened. As soon as I stopped eating the bars and all of the processed foods from the company, I gained all of the weight back. I think it was the same problem, I couldn't follow that regime for the rest of my life to keep the weight off. There is additional information on Atkins in my other post, which you can read and draw your own conclusions about the program.



I never got past the first phase because after I had lost about 18 pounds, my pharmacist made me aware it probably wasn't the best plan for me where I had heart problems in the past. I have heard great results from this program, but also a lot of disappointed people who expected those same great results.

1 comment:

Dite said...

The main benefit of using Atkins diet is that Since Atkins Dieters eat lots of protein and fewer simple carbs, the body has the energy it needs for increased activity levels, while assisting in effective muscle repair and building. No pills or appetite suppressants are required in order to make the Atkins Diet effective. Thanks for the review. Find more information at Dietcritic.com